Finding Iron In Your Cereal
You can see the Iron inCold Cereal fortified with Iron.
What You Need:
2-3 cups fortified cereal
spoon or other utensil
What To Do:
- Pour the cereal into the bowl or blender.
- Add sufficient water to completely cover the cereal (it's not an exact measurement - you can add as much as you like as iron doesn't dissolve in water)
- Mash the cereal with a spoon or mix it with the water using a blender. The more finely ground the cereal is, the easier it will be to get the iron.
- Stir the magnet through the crushed cereal. Iron is heavy and will sink, so be sure to pay attention to the bottom of the bowl. If you used a blender, make sure you can get to the particles at the bottom of the jar.
- Look for the black 'fuzz' or iron on the magnet. It's easiest to see the iron if you wipe the iron on a white napkin or paper towel. Mmmm Mmm Good :-)